Thursday, October 29, 2020

Nextdoor Wildwood



I am looking for old newspapers. 

I am staying at home 

but only have a wood burning stove. 

Any help is appreciated. Please privately 

message me. Thank you. Lost Cat 

named October. Reward.


Or, if that doesn’t grab you, you may 

look for a landscaper that can overhaul 

my backyard in Beaver Valley. 

Cat washing. 


Sushi! Had a yummy Rainbow Shrimp roll 

and Sashimi for lunch. Help. My husband 

decided to take our burb out to play 

in the mud. He got himself stuck. 

We need some help getting out. Anyone 

with a 4x4 and some extra time? 


Wild animals. 

She slipped out the door 


during the storm. We were hoping she hunkered 

down under the porch, but it’s been two days 

and we’re really struggling. We’re super worried 

with the winter storm coming and praying. 

She is nine years old, spayed, 

very healthy, incredibly happy and friendly. 

She has tonight’s dinner ready in minutes. Very sweet 

lion head rabbit


found in my yard. Someone is missing this baby! 

Tell me collar color to claim. 

Safe in my hutch 

for now.


Just pulling out of the neighborhood 

to run an errand and what do I see 

jumping over the neighbors fence...mosquitos 

and no-seeums. They are hatching 

and biting my friends in the big ditch 

along the parkway. 


We have voles putting holes 

in our lawn, any idea how 

to humanely get rid of them? Catfish 

was excellent. I don't remember 

how much dinner for three cost. I can tell you 

the other local places 

that bathe cats. Thanks so much 

but, unless you are educated 

in veterinary science, I am going to

drop the ball. Were you looking 

for something different? Call me  

tomorrow. Coyotes.


I’m so sorry. I’ve seen them 

jump very high walls before. 

Sad to read.


A bear walks into a bar, says, Give me 

a whiskey and some domestic-sounding 

parrot-type bird screeching/calling 

the past few evenings 

around the corner 

of Easy and Matterhorn. 

Wonder if he is lost? 

I haven't seen him.

He got out this morning 

and is behind my house, but he knows 

where home is and will get there 

when he gets hungry. I saw an orange 

and black bird in the same area. 


Might have been parrot-like.

The folks who have the house now are not cat people, in fact 

they have severe allergies. 

 

Winged pet found 

in Woodhill. If you are looking 

must describe and have proof. 


Call me 

if you want Boots. 

He's a fine cat.


___________________________
text mostly from Nextdoor emails
screenshot from local Facebook group post
hobbled together for Weekly Scribblings #43: Found Poems and Erasures

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I so enjoyed reading that! I love this sort of thing! Great job on it! I'm going back up the page to read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next Door in my part of the country is good and bad, at times a way of venting for some that is unhealthy ~~~~ unlike your stellar work here. I simply love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great source material, obviously – and brilliantly used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How good it was to picture each scenario. With the current crisis all over the world how necessary it is to live and enjoy the world where you are safe.

    ReplyDelete