Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Another Rodeo

when the bottom rose
to hit me, I took it

like a champ, I suffered
in the drink of you

until the escape was too hot
    and your trail collapsed
        like calendar ash

I begged the dust for a minute
    the moon for a toast, I begged
        to overtake you, to name you
            because I remain nameless

I ran to touch the air 
    you walked through 
        as if I could catch your wild scent
            against my face, or be gently tucked 
                into your gravity, yes

I was wrong for the right
    reason, the revelation
        that you were

that you were 

fucking with my head
    which was just trying
        to cinch the distance
            between have and haunt

kicked me like a hymn
    left me gasping, braying
        among strangers, the rawest
            me flayed out behind 
                all of you, just too brief

I begged your pursuit
     to hurt me, to hurl me full stride 
        into a wayward beginning


No comments:

Post a Comment